Executive Director, Colonel (Retired) Stephen ‘Lux’ Luxion will represent ASSUREuas for upcoming testimony before the Senate’s Subcommittee on Aviation Safety, Operations and Innovation Hearing
Subcommittee: FAA Reauthorization: Integrating New Entrants into the National Airspace System
September 28, 2022
U.S. Senator Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz.), Chair of the Subcommittee on Aviation Safety, Operations and Innovation, will convene a subcommittee hearing titled “FAA Reauthorization: Integrating New Entrants into the National Airspace System” on Wednesday, September 28, 2022, at 2:15 p.m. EDT. This hearing marks the first in a series of discussions regarding the 2023 reauthorization of the Federal Aviation Administration and will examine issues relating to the integration into the National Airspace System (NAS) of new entrants, such as advanced air mobility (AAM) and unmanned aerial systems (UAS) operators. Topics such as the certification of emerging aircraft technologies, airspace management, workforce, and infrastructure needed to support the deployment of AAM and UAS into the NAS will be considered.
- Lisa Ellman, Executive Director, Commercial Drone Alliance
- Gregory Davis, President and Chief Executive Officer, Eviation
- Colonel (Ret.) Stephen P. “Lux” Luxion, Executive Director, FAA Center of Excellence for Unmanned Aircraft Systems (ASSURE)
- Stéphane Fymat, Vice President and General Manager, Urban Air Mobility and Unmanned Aerial Systems, Honeywell Aerospace
- Edward M. Bolen, President and Chief Executive Officer, National Business Aviation Association
Subcommittee on Aviation Safety, Operations, and Innovation
Wednesday, September 28, 2022
2:15 p.m. EDT
Committee Hearing Room, Russell 253
WATCH LIVE STREAM: www.commerce.senate.gov
Due to current limited access to the Capitol complex, the general public is encouraged to view this hearing via the live stream.